What Is A Jailbroken Firestick?
A “jailbroken” device means that the restrictions are removed on what programs you can install. When brand-new device ships out the factory, Amazon has it set so that you cannot install unlicensed third-party apps (such as Kodi). Jailbreaking gets around those blocks and lets you install whatever program you want.
Technically, when we jailbreak a Firestick, what we are doing is called “sideloading,” because we aren’t changing any of the root system or hardware. But, jailbreaking is the more common term, so that’s what we use for this article.
Is it legal to jailbreak a Firestick? Short answer, yes, it is 100% legal to jailbreak Fire TV stick or any other device you have. It is your property, and you are allowed to do whatever you like with it. Jailbreaking has a bad reputation because some people use jailbroken Fire Sticks to pirate content. But, as long as you stream legal content and use a VPN, you will be fine.
Should You Buy A Jailbroken Fully Loaded Firestick Box?
If you follow the steps in this guide, it should not be that difficult to jailbreak a Fire Stick yourself and install the best Either way, make sure you use a good VPN!
So how do you jailbreak Firestick? Let’s take a look!
How To Jailbreak Firestick Step By Step
Jailbreaking a Firestick means that you are going to change a few default settings and install some software on your device. No extra equipment and no specialized knowledge required.
From the main screen of your Amazon Fire TV device:
- Go to “Settings” (top right corner)
- Click “My Preferences“
- Open “Privacy Settings.”
- Click “Device Usage Data.”
- Choose “Turn OFF.”
- Then click “Collect Apps Usage Data.”
- Click “Turn OFF.”
- Hit “Back” on the remote to take you to the previous screen.
- Select “Data Monitoring.”
- Toggle to “Turn OFF“
- Press “Back” on the remote twice.
- Scroll right and click “My Fire TV.”
- Go down to “Developer Options.”
- Select “Apps from Unknown Sources.”
- Click the toggle switch, so it says, “Enable.”
Ok, you have successfully enabled third-party programs. Now what? Well, we should probably install some apps, right?
By far, the biggest name in free Firestick apps is Kodi. If you are going to jailbreak Firestick you want this app, so let’s take a look at how to install this open-source media player:
How To Install Kodi On Jailbroken Fire Stick
From the main screen of your Fire TV
- Go to “Search” (top left hand)
- Type in “Downloader.”
- Go down and select the “Downloader” app. It should be the first choice.
- Click the “Download” button to install the app.
- After installation, select “Open.”
- Type in the Kodi download URL in the search bar- https://kodi.tv/download
- Click “Go.”
- Click the “Android” option on the next page.
- Then click ARMV7A (32 BIT) on the next page.
- Kodi should install on your Fire TV
- Go back to the main screen and select the Kodi icon. It should open.
- Congrats, you can now use Kodi to stream on your jailbroken Firestick!
How to Jailbreak Fire Stick (using ES File Explorer)
The only problem with the above method is that the Downloader program may not be available in all regions or countries. Don’t worry, though, there is another way to jailbreak a Firestick using a program called ES Explorer.
- Go to Settings on the top left corner
- Click My Fire TV
- Open Developer Options
- Toggle on Apps from Unknown Sources
- Return to the Settings page
- Open Preferences
- Go to Privacy Settings
- Disable Device Usage Data
- Disable Collect App Usage Data
- Return to the Amazon Fire TV home screen
- Click the Search tool in the top-left corner
- Search for ES File Explorer using FireStick Remote
- Click ES File Explorer when it shows up in the search results. It should be the first option.
- Click Download
- Wait while ES File Explorer is downloaded and installed
- Click Open to run the ES File Explorer program
- On the right side of the ES File Explorer home screen select Downloader
- Click +New at the bottom
- Enter the URL https://kodi.tv/download in the field marked Path
- Type Kodi in the text box
- Click Download Now to download Kodi
- When the Kodi APK file has downloaded, select Open File
- Click Install on the next page
- Scroll down to the bottom right of the next window and click Install again
- You will see the App installed notification soon. Congratulations! Your Firestick is now jailbroken and has Kodi installed.
Now that you know how to jailbreak a Firestick, it’s time to load it with the free streaming apps that will allow you to access all the streaming content you’re looking to find!
Let’s take a look at some of the best apps for Jailbroken Fire Stick!
Best Jailbroken Firestick Apps For TV And Movies 2019
Pods embed error: Pod not found
Best Free Sports Apps For Amazon Firestick 2019
Pods embed error: Pod not found
Best IPTV Services For Free Live Cable On Amazon Firestick 2019
Pods embed error: Pod not found
Jailbreak Firestick Frequently Asked Question
How safe is it to jailbreak a Fire stick?
It’s entirely safe for jailbreak a Firestick using the method we outlined above. As we mentioned, you are not indeed “jailbreaking” your firestick (that would require going into the operating system), merely side-loading a few third-party apps. The Kodi addons and other APK’s on this list are known and verified to be safe. You will not get a virus or any complications by installing and using them, and your personal information should be secure AS LONG AS you are using a VPN.
Will my warranty be voided on my Amazon Firestick or Fire TV if I jailbreak it?
You are simply installing some apps when you jailbreak a Firestick, which does not affect the warranty, so don’t worry about that.
What can I do with my Jailbroken FireStick?
Once you have jailbroken your Firestick, the world is your oyster. You are not limited to just “official” apps, like Netflix and HBO, you will also have access to programs that have been developed by third parties all over the world. That means super-popular apps like Kodi, Neptune Rising, Mobdro, and potentially thousands more.
Using combinations of these free apps, you will have instant access to any free streaming on your Jailbroken Fire TV. Movies, TV Shows, Live Sports, Cable, Network TV, International Channels, PPV, New Releases, Anime, XXX Adult, basically anything you can think!
You can check out more info on the best free apps for jailbroken Firestick here!
How much does it cost to Jailbreak A Fire TV?
It’s free to jailbreak Amazon Firestick yourself, and anybody can do it without any special tools. However, if you want to pay a little bit extra ($30-40), you can purchase a jailbroken fully loaded Amazon Firestick box from a reputable seller
Buying a jailbroken Fire Stick is an easy way to ensure that the process is done correctly (not that it’s a hard thing to do, but we know some people aren’t very interested in working with technology or maybe too busy). It’s not that much money if you want to go that route — the will also have all the best free apps for Fire TV, so you know you will be getting the best content with zero effort.
Will Jailbreaking slow down my Fire TV?
It really should not affect your speed in any way to Jailbreak a Firestick. Installing the free apps and apps, you need to stream free on Firestick should not slow you down, because most of those programs (like Kodi) are pretty lightweight and don’t take up a lot of space. However, we do recommend that you clear any unused apps off your firestick and clear the cache occasionally to avoid any slowdown. The Amazon Firestick does not have a ton of space, so if it gets too overloaded with free apps, you may see your speed decrease, but it’s usually not a big issue.
Can I Jailbreak a FireStick 4K/Fire TV Box/Fire TV Cube?
Yes, all the Amazon Fire TV boxes all use the same Android operating system, with the same menus and the same layouts. We talk about how to jailbreak Amazon Firestick in this article, but that is simply because the Firestick is the device that most people have. The methods in this article will work for every device the same, including the brand new Amazon Firestick 4k.
We hope you enjoyed our comprehensive guide on how to jailbreak a Fire Stick! It’s not that difficult to do and can provide endless free streaming on Fire TV for you and your family. Please remember that you must use a good VPN, though! We hope this information has been helpful, and feel free to comment below if you have questions or comments! Thanks!
STREAM SAFELY! IMPORTANT LEGAL DISCLAIMER
FIRESTICK.IO does not verify the legality or security of any applications or services covered on this Website. Users of these applications should always use a VPN, along with free or low-cost streaming apps, to help protect their security and identity.
Your Internet Service Provider, government, and hackers may log what you are accessing online if you aren’t connecting through a VPN.
We use IPVanish on all of our streaming devices, and we suggest that you do the same.
Best of all, IPVanish provides a 7-day money-back guarantee if you aren’t happy.
Learn how easy it is to install IPVanish on your Fire TV Here
Click Here for Exclusive Firestick.io IPVanish Discount
[su_button url=”https://firestick.io/recommends/ipvanish-facts/” target=”blank” background=”#efc82d” size=”14″ center=”yes”]Learn More Here[/su_button]