If you’re asking yourself “how to watch free TV and movies on Amazon Fire Stick”, ShowBox may be the answer you are looking for. Read on for our full installation and user guide!
- Tons of TV shows and movies
- New releases available
- Easy to download and use
- Totally free
What does ShowBox do?
ShowBox is an Android app that works for Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV. It’s a completely free source for streaming movies and TV shows from all around the internet, and it works pretty well in our experience.
Ever since Terrarium TV shut down a few months ago, many people are asking what’s the best alternative for a free streaming Android APK. ShowBox is a pretty comparable alternative to Terrarium, so if you are looking for a new Android App, this may be right up your alley.
Once you have it, you will have access to pretty much any movie or TV show you can think of, including the newest releases. Everything they offer is on-demand, and there are thousands of titles to choose from.
What’s more most of the streams are available in full HD quality for the ultimate watching experience. The streams it offers are the best you can find on the internet, all collected in one place so it’s super easy to search. The interface is convenient to use, so you should be able to find exactly what you want to watch in seconds. If you are familiar with Terrarium TV, it basically works the same way.
There’s not much in the way of sports, live cable, or PPV, but if you just want TV and movies, you should be satisfied.
Preparing to install ShowBox
Installing ShowBox on Firestick or FireTV is a two-part process. In this guide, we will walk you through the following steps:
- Installing the Downloader app and allowing third party apps.
- Downloading and installing ShowBox
If you already enabled third-party apps and have the Downloader app, you can skip ahead to Part 2.
Part 1: How To Install Downloader and Allow third-party apps.(Last Updated On: August 1, 2023)
- Go to FireStick home screen Find > Search and press enter
- In the search window, type “Downloader”. It should be the first result. Press down on your remote to select it.
- Install Downloader
- Go back to the home screen. In the menu bar at the top, navigate all the way until you get to the Settings screen.
Scroll down to My Fire TV and Select it.
- On the following window click Developer Options.
- Select ADB Debugging and turn it on, then select Apps from unknown Sources and turn it on.
- On some newer devices, you might be presented with this screen:
If so, select Downloader and turn it on.
- Your FireStick is now ready to install and use third-party apps!
Part 2: Install ShowBox on Firestick and Fire TV
- Go to the Search function of the main screen (top left corner)
- Search for the “Downloader” app
- Click on the Downloader app, should be the first option.
- Click on Download to install the app
- Click Open to get into the Downloader app
- In the search bar of the Downloader app, type in the ShowBox URL exactly as written: https://showbox.onl/android.apk. Click Go.
- After it downloads, click Install
- After it installs, click Open
- Congrats, ShowBox should now be installed! It should show up on the main screen of your Fire Stick and Fire TV from now on. Enjoy!
ShowBox has been around for a while, and definitely earns its reputation as one of the best Terrarium TV replacements for Fire Stick and Fire TV.