Mobdro allows you to watch free live TV on your Fire Stick, Fire TV, and Android devices. While many free IPTV apps have faded into obscurity due to dead channels and unreliable streams, Mobdro has remained a strong option for those looking for alternatives to high cable bills.
Unfortunately, it looks as though Mobdro has shut down as of February 2021.
We are not sure for how long Mobdro might be offline, but we encourage you to check out some other free streaming IPTV alternatives. While we think that Live Net TV is a good Mobdro alternative, here is our full list:
- Massive streaming library
- Completely free
- Easy to download and use
- Great interface
What does Mobdro do?
Mobdro offers most channels that you would find in a premium cable package in the United States and Britain and is adding more all the time. The developers of Mobdro claim that none of the channels feeds originate from them. Instead, the app aggregates all feeds of particular channels throughout the internet and serves up the one that is most reliable for you depending on connection speed, hardware, etc. Mobdro doesn’t really have much reliable, quality on-demand programming, but if all you are looking for is live cable, it is a very appealing free choice.
THIS SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE. IS IT?
Well, kind of. We did experience buffering issues on some channels, and most channels are served up in non-HD quality. This is fine for passive TV watching but can be kind of annoying when watching a sporting event or other live TV events. You don’t want to have all your friends over to watch the big game, only to be embarrassed by a slow, laggy connection that ruins the action. That’s why we always recommend getting a reliable paid IPTV service for Fire TV along with a good VPN. While they may cost you a little bit of money, the amount of frustration saved is worth its weight in gold. Best Paid IPTV Services Best VPN Services for Fire TV
Preparing to install Mobdro
Installing Mobdro on Firestick or FireTV is a two-part process. In this guide, we will walk you through the following steps:
- Installing the Downloader app and allowing third party apps.
- Downloading and installing Mobdro
If you already enabled third-party apps and have the Downloader app, you can skip ahead to Part 2.
Part 1: How To Install Downloader and Allow third-party apps.(Last Updated On: July 24, 2023)
- Go to FireStick home screen Find > Search and press enter
- In the search window, type “Downloader”. It should be the first result. Press down on your remote to select it.
- Install Downloader
- Go back to the home screen. In the menu bar at the top, navigate all the way until you get to the Settings screen.
Scroll down to My Fire TV and Select it.
- On the following window click Developer Options.
- Select ADB Debugging and turn it on, then select Apps from unknown Sources and turn it on.
- On some newer devices, you might be presented with this screen:
If so, select Downloader and turn it on.
- Your FireStick is now ready to install and use third-party apps!
Part 2: Install Mobdro on Firestick and Fire TV
- From the home screen of your Fire TV, go to the Search function
- Type “Downloader” in the search bar and select it
- The Downloader app should be the first option. Click it
- Click Download
- Open the Downloader app
- Type https://firetvguide.com/mobdro into search bar exactly as written and click Open
- Click Open
- Congrats, you now have access to Mobdro!
At the end of the day, Mobdro is about the most reliable free cable alternative out there for Firestick and Fire TV. Stick around for more tips on how to get the best out of your streaming device!