Mediabox is a free app that lets you watch movies and TV on your Amazon Firestick or other Android devices. It just popped on the streaming scene fairly recently, but it’s already made a great impression on users for having a fast and reliable content library. Read on for our full guide to one of the best ways to stream on Firestick!
- Massive streaming library
- Completely free
- Real Debrid and trakt.tv support
What does MediaBox do?
Mediabox works very similar to Terrarium TV. It searches the internet for the best sources of free streaming content and brings them together in one convenient place. You can find all types of TV shows and movies on Mediabox, including the newest releases of popular content. This app gives you multiple sources to choose from for each title, so you should be able to find a good working stream in multiple resolutions.
What’s more, Mediabox allows you to download content directly from the source to watch later offline. It also includes trakt.tv and Real Debrid support if you have an account with those services. We liked the “Just Pick A Movie For Me” a great option for the indecisive viewer.
We think Mediabox is one of the best new streaming apps for Firestick to come out recently, and we are sure that you will enjoy it!
Preparing to install MediaBox
Installing MediaBox on Firestick or FireTV is a two-part process. In this guide, we will walk you through the following steps:
- Installing the Downloader app and allowing third party apps.
- Downloading and installing MediaBox
If you already enabled third-party apps and have the Downloader app, you can skip ahead to Part 2.
Part 1: How To Install Downloader and Allow third-party apps.(Last Updated On: July 28, 2023)
- Go to FireStick home screen Find > Search and press enter
- In the search window, type “Downloader”. It should be the first result. Press down on your remote to select it.
- Install Downloader
- Go back to the home screen. In the menu bar at the top, navigate all the way until you get to the Settings screen.
Scroll down to My Fire TV and Select it.
- On the following window click Developer Options.
- Select ADB Debugging and turn it on, then select Apps from unknown Sources and turn it on.
- On some newer devices, you might be presented with this screen:
If so, select Downloader and turn it on.
- Your FireStick is now ready to install and use third-party apps!
Part 2: Install MediaBox on Firestick and Fire TV
- Go to the Search function of the main screen (top left corner)
- Search for the “Downloader” app
- Click on the Downloader app, which should be the first option.
- Click on Download to install the app
- Click Open to get into the Downloader app
- In the search bar of the Downloader app, type in the MediaBox URL exactly as written: https://mediaboxhdapp.net/dl/. Click Go.
- Scroll down and click Download
- After it downloads, click Install
- After it installs, click Open
- Congrats, MediaBox should now be installed! It should show up on the main screen of your Fire Stick and Fire TV from now on. Enjoy!
If you are looking for an alternative to Terrarium.TV, MediaBox has you covered!